|Back to Back Issues Page|
Road Trip Explore! E-zine, Issue 12--14 Mother's Day Travel Gift Ideas
April 27, 2017
14 Mother's Day Travel Gift Ideas
Mother's Day travel gift ideas are the perfect way to honor your cherished Mom. First, give her a thoughtful travel gift, and then embark on an unforgettable family adventure, a real memory builder.
Here are 14 unique gift ideas you can use to express your love and appreciation for Mom.
1. Skip the usual flowers and candy routine. Give Mom a beautiful travel wrap. Hand painted silk scarves, indigenous shawls and warm pashminas come in a rainbow of lovely colors, designs and can be very artistic. They pack small and are suitable for any occasion when traveling. These are easily found online at reasonable prices.
2. Mom will love a beautiful new cosmetic/toiletry bag. Pick one depicting her favorite colors and artistic designs, and then fill it with travel size versions of her favorite cosmetics. Pop in a folding travel brush with mirror, a pretty refillable travel perfume atomizer containing her signature scent and an embroidered hanky.
3. What Mom doesn't love to adorn herself with jewelry? Purchase a quality jewelry roll designed for travel. If budget allows for more, tuck silver or gold earrings, necklace and bracelets inside, perhaps even a decorative travel watch. Choose jewelry appropriate for travel and of simple design that looks great for every occasion.
4. Family members can never go wrong wrapping up a gift certificate or gift card to Mom's favorite travel clothing store. If she doesn't have a favorite outlet, try a gift certificate or card from Rohan, TravelSmith, Magellans, Tilley Endurables, Chicos, ExOfficio, Duluth Trading, Columbia Sportswear, REI, Craghoppers, Scott e-Vest and Royal Robbins.
5. Practical Moms who enjoy the latest innovation will love Packtowl's new RobeTowl. Constructed of Packtowl's "Personal" fabric, this robe doubles as a cover-up and a thirsty quick-drying microfiber towel. Like all Packtowls, it folds into a slim mesh zipper case for traveling.
6. Coordinate your gift giving with another family member so Mom can receive a set of Pactowl's sumptuous Luxe towels.
7. If the weather is nice, plan a family day trip to a nearby botanical garden, zoo, a favorite picnic ground or play on the beach. Give Mom a new compact camera to capture the memory. Our favorite camera is the Fujifilm Finepix F800EXR and others in this series.
8. Take good care of Mom in all kinds of weather by giving her a packable rainproof coat. TravelSmith and Rohan offer quality coats with classic styling to meet just about every travel need. If Mom will be traveling in Europe, consider giving her a trench style coat.
9. Give Mom the gift of travel security. Lewis N. Clark, Travelon and Pacsafe feature well designed and attractive anti-theft travel gear, including wallets, wristlets, clutches, purses, totes, bags, backpacks and luggage.
10. Address Mom's travel safety needs. Travelon took some of their fashionable anti-theft travel bags one step further by meeting the concealed carry needs of women. In addition, they include layers of protection, such as hands-free cross body design, a tethered key clip with LED light, and knife and pepper spray pockets.
11. Moms love surprises. Fill the fashionable travel bag you are giving to her with fun travel essentials. For handbags, include an RFID wallet or RFID pockets for her passport and bank cards, and tie a beautiful silk scarf onto the handle. For tote bags, tuck a jeweled pair of polarized sunglasses with case inside, along with a colorful spill-proof water bottle, a wind-proof folding umbrella, a pashmina shawl, a packable shopping bag and a packable sun hat.
12. For those families with larger budgets, purchase quality anti-theft carry-on luggage for Mom. For even more generous budgets, fill the carry-on with a few surprises, such as an attractive packable silk or microfiber nightgown and a Pactowl robe, compression packing cubes in delightful colors, a travel laundry kit or a travel hair dryer and curling iron set. Finish off your gift with a set of luggage locks, a retractable cable lock and a colorful luggage tag she will love.
13. Make reservations and purchase tickets for a day seeing local tourist attractions or go on a guided adventure. If budget allows, give Mom a new anti-theft tote bag or day pack, perhaps filled with everything she needs.
14. Turn Mother's Day into a week-long celebration. Plan a trip to one of Mom's must-see road trip destinations, pack up the family and go!
For more Mother's Day travel gift ideas, check out the
Road Trip Explore! Gift Guide.
The Road Trip Explore! guide book series is going global in paperback, e-book and PDF editions. Just released for purchase at online book retailers in the country in which you live are Road Trip Explore! guide books about the Oregon Central Coast, the Molalla River Corridor and Table Rock Wilderness, and the Clackamas River Recreation Area. In the coming months, look for others to be released on the worldwide market.
Check out more new additions to RoadTripExplore.com:
Road Trip Explore! Gift Guide--Perfect Picks for Mother's Day
Trending on Social MediaJoin my new hashtag #RoadTripExplore & share your travels to the USA with others on all your social media! Fun! Fun! Fun!
Road Trip Explore! Oregon--Molalla River Corridor & Table Rock Wilderness
Top Picks by Visitors!
See the Video!
Road Trip IdeasWhat is your great road trip idea, destination or travel adventure?
Do you have a favorite vacation spot to tell about or photos to share?
Head on over to RoadTripExplore.com to post your travel stories and images of memorable moments . . .
. . . It’s all about living the adventure!
The journey begins here . . .You deserve an adventurous road trip—like us on Facebook and make your getaways memorable.
. . . Live the adventure!Follow @roadtripexplore on Twitter for fantastic destinations, road trip tips, distinctive guide books and more!
Follow Road Trip Explore! on Pinterest!Discover destination ideas by state, specially designed gear, travel games, road trip apps and more!
Pin an Adventure!
If you have something to contribute to Road Trip Explore! E-zine or care to suggest an addition, please contact me. I love to hear from you!
Living the adventure,
|Back to Back Issues Page|